ICPD Long Range Marksmanship Course
September 30 @ 4:00 pm - October 1 @ 1:00 pm MST$450.00
Class is held over 2 days please see below
COURSE SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS: September 30th from 1600 to 1900 hours, located at Tombstone Tactical (Metro Center PKWY). October 1st from 0800 to 1300 hours, at Cowtown shooting Range on West Long Range Platform 1.
The purpose of this course is to instruct students of all skill levels and abilities, in the art of long-range marksmanship. The course is designed to introduce the beginner shooter to the basic fundamentals that make a good shooter great, and to reintroduce the experienced shooters to the tactics that win in competition, or in real world long-range tactical engagements.
- Students will learn to engage targets at and beyond 500 yards with accuracy and consistency
- Students will learn loading and unloading of the student’s specific Rifle platform along with the resolution of malfunction
- Students will learn the basic difference between the Sniper and The Designated Marksman
- Students will learn and apply the proper line of sight techniques, between the shooter’s cheek weld through the Scope to the target
- Students will learn the basics of zeroing their rifle and their scopes
- Students will learn basic range estimation tactics using both the Mil and MOA measurements
- Tactical Scoped Rifle
- Caliber .223/.556 thru .300 Win Mag
- Bolt or gas/piston platform
- Shooting Mat
- Bi-Pod/Shooting sandbags
- Spotting Scope (optional)
- Ammunition 100-150 rounds
- Shot book, notebook, pencil/pen
- Eye and Ear protection
- Knee and Elbow pads (Optional)
There are a limited number of long –range rifles for rent for an extra $50. No steel cased or re-loaded ammo allowed with the use of the rental rifles.